Thank you for participating in the local Pemberton Elementary School school calendar consultation process for the 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20 school years regarding bell schedules, early dismissal days, and other non-instructional days to occur at the school level. The link to the calendar survey can be found at the bottom.
The local school calendar survey will be distributed to the following Pemberton Elementary School stakeholders for feedback:
- CUPE support staff local
The calendar survey is an opportunity for you to provide feedback to your school principal regarding bell schedules, early dismissal days, and other non-instructional days. The principal will use that information when creating our local school calendar, then submit your feedback to the Board of Education for their consideration when they vote to approve all local school calendars in School District No48 (Sea to Sky).
School District 48 Board of Education takes into consideration the following core criteria when approving local school calendars:
- Does it reflect the provincial School Calendar Regulation which specifies the required instructional hours in each of the upcoming years?
- Does it promote effective learning and a good experience for our kids?
- Does it meet the terms of the Sea to Sky Teachers’ Association collective agreement?
- Does it support the terms of the CUPE agreement?
- Does it incorporate ideas and feedback from DPAC and school PACS?
- Does it incorporate the feedback and calendar survey results from all SD48 stakeholders?
- Does it recognize both the needs and challenges of the communities in Sea to Sky?
- Does it consider financial implications and best use of resources?
Local School Calendar Process Timeline:
- January 6, 2017: District calendar e-survey results shared with Board and stakeholders
- January 11, 2017: Board of Education district calendar discussion
- February 8, 2017: Proposed school calendars published if approved
- March 8, 2017: Last scheduled Board Meeting prior to March 31, 2017 Ministry deadline.
- May 31, 2017: Local school calendars for 2017-18 school year must be published as per School Calendar Regulation
*Exact dates may vary slightly – item serves as reminder
Proposed Draft Calendar Selection Options:
Click on the links below to review the proposed local school calendars.
Draft Local School Calendars
Enter the Calendar Survey:
We appreciate your participation in helping us make this important decision. Please click on the link below to enter the Pemberton Elementary School local calendar survey.
Your Survey Link Here
Comments and Questions:
Please email school principal directly at email@example.com