Sea to Sky Board Of Education
The Board of Education, School District No. 48 (Sea to Sky), recognizes the importance of strong and effective leadership for the educational and operational organization of the district. The Board is committed to ensuring personnel holding administrative positions are selected and promoted on the basis of their ability to provide quality leadership. Further, the Board is committed to regular review and evaluation of its administrators to ensure that professional growth and development are supported.
Any written correspondence for a trustee can be sent via email or:c/o School District 48 (Sea To Sky)
PO Box 250, 37866 2nd AvenueSquamish, BC. V8B 0A2
CanadaPhone: (604) 892-5228Fax at: (604) 892-1038
The Board’s responsibilities include:
- Maximizing student achievement
- Approving an accountability contract with the Ministry of Education
- Outlining student achievement improvement goals each year;
- Preparing and approving a $30 million annual operating budget;
- Employing 456 teachers, support staff, principals/vice-principals and excluded staff to educate 4,300 students in 14 schools;
- Listening to local communities and giving voice to local public values and priorities;
- Listening to appeals and petitions from students, teachers, support staff, administrative staff and the public;
- Advocating with the public and the Provincial Government for the interests of our students;
- Establishing policies for the efficient and effective operation of the school district;
- Approving locally developed courses and resource materials for use in our schools; and
- Preparing and approving the district’s capital plan, which includes the purchase of new school sites and the construction of new buildings.
Please click here for trustee bios, contact information, and area representation.
The Board’s regular public meetings are held monthly (usually on the 2nd Wednesday) during the school year and start at 6 pm. See link below for the dates and location of the meetings. The agenda will be posted on the Friday, before the meeting.